As a member of the Web Applications Team, the Software Quality Assurance Analyst/Tester will have responsibility for designing, developing, and executing quality assurance testing against multiple Web based applications. The Software Quality Assurance Analyst/Tester will author test plans, develop detailed test cases, execute software testing, track defects, validate requirements and validate deliverables during the systems development, implementation and maintenance stages
• Test new and existing CSG web applications
• As needed, provide time estimates for planning/testing tasks.
• Develop and execute formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications.
• Analyze requirements (either verbal or written) to create, execute and maintain quality assurance test cases.
• Actively participate in the resolution of defects while effectively reporting status and results to stakeholders.
• As required, conduct system integration, regression, functional/non-functional, performance and usability testing.
• Organize and schedule regular work while being able to accommodate emergency situations that may arise.
• Collaborate with the Manager of Web Applications to develop and maintain documented, repeatable and effective processes to govern the software testing process.
Skills and Requirements
• Bilingual in French and English (an asset)
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills:
o Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization.
o Ability to articulate technical concepts, problems and solutions to users at all skill levels.
o Proven ability to compose and edit a variety of documents using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
o Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work accurately, with interruptions, to meet deadlines:
o Flexibility to adapt to changes in assignments and priorities.
• Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills:
o Ability to prioritize work and complete assignments within the allotted time.
o Demonstrated problem solving skills.
o Ability to use analytical and decision-making skills to offer options and resolutions in a variety of situations.
• Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team:
o Proven ability to work as part of a team or independently without direct supervision.
• Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
o Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion when dealing with confidential information and matters.
o Flexibility to accommodate tight schedules.
o Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments, and/or changes in priorities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience as a QA Analyst and/or equivalent experience in a programming or technical support role.
• Python web framework experience.
• Experience testing Windows-based and web-based applications.
• Working knowledge of quality assurance methods and tools as it applies to software development and testing.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume in either Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job title in the subject line.
Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require assistance or accommodation during our recruitment process, please notify Human Resources so that we can review and consider how we may be able to assist you based on your individual needs.