WEtech is putting together a range of business acceleration programs to support our members and community. Our programs are designed to help strengthen and accelerate the growth of Windsor-Essex’s entrepreneurial talent and globally competitive innovative companies.
Networking success is about developing relationships and building trust. This takes time and effort, but most of all, it takes attendance.
Attend our events and get to know fellow WEtech members and community partners while expanding your knowledge base.
- Windsor-Essex Tech Show (annual): A one-day forum and tradeshow hosted the Windsor-Essex Regional Chamber of Commerce that is filled with networking and learning experiences with industry leading guest speakers.
- Regional Resource Table (monthly): An opportunity for clients to present their business opportunity to a key group of community stakeholders and sector-specific professionals and executives. This collaborative discussion connects clients to key resources and relationships and provides clients with Critical Success Factors for their business.
Accelerate Your Business
WEtech offers our technology and innovation centric members a suite of programs and services designed to help strengthen and accelerate the growth of the Windsor-Essex and Chatham-Kent’s entrepreneurial talent and globally competitive innovative companies.
- One-on-One Entrepreneur Coaching (weekly): Have an itch to ditch bad business habits? Need help to jump-start your business? Need expert advice to steer clear of dead ends? WEtech Alliance offers FREE 30-minute sessions with entrepreneurial experts to rekindle passion for your business.
- Entrepreneur-in-Residence: This program offers the mentorship of an experienced entrepreneur as you assess your commercialization and growth opportunities and challenges.
- Peer to Peer Networks: Designed for entrepreneurs or senior management who want to gain direct access to practical, technical, and business-related information. Regular meetings allow participants to share ideas and best practices.
- Volunteer Mentor Network: Local entrepreneurs and executives who give generously of their time to help foster innovation and entrepreneurship in WindsorEssex.
- Entrepreneur’s Toolkit Workshops: Open to Ontario entrepreneurs and innovative companies with a well-formed business idea or product. Accomplished entrepreneurs and other experts lead these intensive small-group sessions.
- Online Education: An online database called “Entrepreneur’s Toolkit” provides articles on starting and running a business, as well as workbooks, videos, and case studies.
- Market Intelligence: A way to tap into market intelligence and gain valuable market research, including industry vendor studies, academic research reports, and time with a business analyst.
- Regional Advisory Fund: Provides up to $5,000 in funding to enable clients to access specialized advisory services from experts.
Build the Talent Pipeline
Every successful professional sports team has a development program that cultivates talent from the earliest stages. Taking a page from professional sports, WEtech aims to build a talent pipeline in Windsor and Essex County which directs young people towards the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) from grade school, through high school and university—establishing mentoring partnerships and networks along the way with local industry executives and professionals that will lead to the retention of technology talent in the region through employment—thereby addressing the shortage of skilled workers, engineers, programmers and the like–or through opportunities for graduates to launch tech startups in Windsor and Essex.
- DeskUP: A program aimed at helping enterprising university and college graduates take the first step towards startup success in the innovation and technology sector here in Windsor-Essex. Includes mentorship and subsidized office space in the downtown business incubator.
- FIRST Robotics: 14 high schools and 10 grade schools across Windsor and Essex County compete in the FIRST Robotics program that directs young people into Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and the skilled trades. Students build 150 pound robots alongside engineers, programmers and skilled workers from companies such as Chrysler, Valiant, GM, Bombardier, Boeing, Google etc.
- BIoGENEious: Partners high school science students with University of Windsor researchers to conduct biotech research projects that are entered in a national competition sponsored by Sanofi Pasteur—one of Canada’s largest biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
- HackWE: A computer coding competition that brings together teams of programmers from the University of Windsor and St. Clair College to design and test mobile and web apps in partnership with the local IT industry, thereby establishing networks that can lead to careers or the launching of startups in Windsor and Essex
- Supporting Aboriginal Youth Entrepreneurs in Windsor and Essex (SAYEWE): a program that provides entrepreneurial training and mentoring for 20 Aboriginal youth ages 18-29 from the region and provides an opportunity to launch their startups in the Downtown Business Accelerator with additional mentoring for 6 months.
- Hacking Health Windsor-Detroit: a weekend event that teams up professionals & students from health care & IT to dream up, design and build mobile apps
Connect to Academic Insight and Research
As part of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs (ONE), the Government of Ontario asked the Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) to administer the Industry Academic Collaboration Program (IACP). Funded by the Province, IACP is designed to leverage the full capacity of Ontario’s research institutions in order to help technology-based companies create jobs and prosperity by commercializing Ontario-based research discoveries. For more information, visit www.oce-ontario.org/.
- Collaboration Commercialization Programs
- Talent Programs
- Collaborations Voucher Programs
Raise Your Company’s Profile
Share your success with us! Let WEtech celebrate your achievements with the rest of the business community through our electronic communications, social media, website, and feature spotlight.
Volunteer to speak at one of our events or group sessions and share your knowledge and expertise with WEtech’s member community.
Monthly newsletter – Distribution +1500
- Client Success Stories via Blogging (Website and the Windsor Star)
- Social Media Engagement (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Frequent updates on website (Opportunities Alerts, Guest Blog, etc…)
If you are interested in participating in any of the above programs, please fill in the following new Client Form.