Green Shield Canada (GSC) is no longer just a traditional health and dental benefits provider. We’re growing more different…and that’s a good thing!
With a starting point as Canada’s fourth largest health benefits provider, GSC manages and administers benefit plan programs for nearly four million plan participants nation-wide. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we are driven by our Purpose: to make it easier for people to live their healthiest lives. And we’re fully committed to the talented team of employees who delight our clients and set our organization apart as an industry leader.
We are also proud to have been selected by Waterstone Human Capital as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures™. This award confirms GSC’s longstanding reputation as a company that respects and engages its employees – one that provides an excellent working environment and offers challenges and career growth.
WHY GSC IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
With all our cutting edge solutions, there’s never a dull moment
Our approach to offering and managing health benefits is always forward-thinking, from the promotion of digital mental health therapies (such as Inkblot) to predictive modelling of claims data insights, and the use of AI in our industry-leading Claim Watch™ fraud detection and prevention strategy.
We invest in our employees
As we grow, so do our employees. We offer training and professional development to ensure employees excel and are well positioned for career advancement within GSC. We encourage our team to continue their education – and we help fund it.
You’re part of something bigger
As a social enterprise, we re-invest our profits to support local communities and advocate to make it easier for Canadians to live their healthiest lives. Our employees – and customers – benefit from knowing they are contributing to enhancing the common good.
We don’t stop there. Check out these other perks:
Generous time off (
Benefits on day one (it is our business after all)
Convenient commute accessibility
THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
- Execute a variety of computer-based commands, batch processes and programs according to a pre-defined schedule or as directed. These activities include such things as running data backups and launching business applications.
- Operate peripheral devices such as printers and storage devices as required. Participate in the maintenance of peripheral equipment.
- Monitor the status of processes, programs, peripheral devices and other infrastructure components. Initiate appropriate action when incidents occur. Participate in the resolution of incidents.
- Participate in Level 1 Help Desk support activities for internal Green Shield staff and external customers / stakeholders.Escalate incidents to other support staff as required.
- Participate in the updating of a variety of documentation related to computer operations.
- Control access to the control room, raised floor and other resources as required.
- Lift and transport some heavy objects such as boxes of paper and supplies.
- Flexibility to work shifts on short notice.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A university degree or college diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ Computer Operations, Help Desk, and/or System Monitoring experience working in Enterprise class IT environments or equivalent.
- Bilingual French/English.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of internal and external customers.
- Above average time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to assess reported problems and quickly resolve or escalate to support.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment.