The Decision Support Analyst position will report to the Manager of Decision Support & HIM. This position shall provide ongoing support to the inpatient and outpatient Mental Health management team and departmental staff related to quality improvement initiatives, electronic documentation and data management systems. Will also have the ability to apply Mental Health and Addictions clinical situations in relation to data analysis and monitoring trends throughout our system. Will use a variety of sources both internal and external to assist with the planning and implementation of programs.
- 2 – 4 Years Data Collection, analysis and data management in a healthcare setting - Required
- 2 - 4 Years Leading and/or supporting initiatives/projects focused on improving health equity - Asset
- Coordinates collection of indicator data and trends, participation in external benchmarking.
- Participates in and demonstrates an understanding of resident safety principles and practices into all day to day activities.
- Provides input to and/or prepares reports, briefing notes, presentations, statistics and analysis, for Senior Management as requested.
- Leading and/or supporting analytical activities and environmental scans
- Participates on committees, work groups, task forces and special projects as assigned.
- Preparing various types of communication products including reports, power point presentations and briefing notes for a diverse audience.
- Reviewing, interpreting and synthesizing information from diverse sources.
- Providing regular updates/status reports as required, presenting and participating in meetings and committees.
- Working knowledge of Crystal Reports, SPSS, Cognos, MS Excel
- Ability to interpret statistical data as it relates to outcomes and performance levels
- Knowledge with Provincial Funding Models, CIHI, Coding and Abstracting of Clinical Data
- Demonstrates knowledge of RAI-MH, BSharp, DATIS, OCAN and CDS, an asset
- Undergraduate Degree in Social Sciences, Health Promotion, Healthcare Administration, Statistics, Required Communications or related field - Required
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Health Promotion, Healthcare Administration, Statistics or related field - Preferred