Build your career with CanAm Insurance! Established in 1994, CanAm has become the benchmark for travel insurance.
What you'll do
- Develop Business Applications. This includes design (including database design, interface design), coding, building, testing, deployment, documentation, version control, etc. Applications can be either Web or Win32 based.
- Maintain the Business Applications. This includes (but not limited to) performing tasks such as correcting defects, implementing new requirements and/or workflows, developing/executing reports/extracts, modifying data tables to accommodate new data elements, updating/upgrading software tools & Business Application supporting files & forms.
- Resolve issues through strong analytical and problem solving skills; approach solutions from multiple perspectives. Places emphasis on solving problems properly and not just quickly.
- Participate in the software and hardware planning of a project by providing time estimates, solution design, risk analysis and technical expertise.
What can you bring to the table?
- Must have at least 1-2 years of working experience developing applications
- Additional skills (not required but beneficial): Azure, SSRS, Mobile App development, Delphi, .net, IIS, API development
- Experience with source control systems (Git or Subversion) source control is essential
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Quality Assurance (QA) processes
- Solid communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to adapt and develop in-depth technical understanding of new/ different applications
- Accounting/Finance knowledge is an asset