THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
The GreenShield Enterprise Data Office has the mandate to support GreenShield’s transformation journey to Canada’s leading health services provider and insurer. The team’s primary mandate is to support the growth of GreenShield’s first-of-a-kind digital platform that will integrate the company’s health services and benefits plans to provide streamlined access to care and reimbursement. The chief data office is building a modern, cloud based, data and AI technology frameworks, data and machine learning pipelines, and executing use cases with quantifiable outcomes.
As we increase our use of data to provide products and services to our users, we need to ensure our collection, use and storage of data complies to applicable legislations and with clear data governance directives. We are looking for a data governance lead to work with the chief data officer as well as stakeholders to create a set of directives and ensure they are kept up to date as new legislation is introduced. The governance lead will work with various business teams to create roadmaps to implementing the various directives.
Please note, this role is a dual-location role and is also available in Toronto at 5140 Yonge St., North York, ON.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in a relevant discipline
- 5+ year of experience in Data and 3+ year in a Governance function
- Deep understanding of data governance practices, policies and standards and legislation that drives data governance directives
- Experience with modern data governance tools and technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate new ideas and concepts
- Excellent stakeholder management, leadership skills, and ability to influence
- Learn the business domain of health care services and health insurance
- Create a set of data governance directives and an implementation roadmap in collaboration with security, legal and risk
- Work with stakeholders in IT Security, Legal, Executives, and others throughout the organization to implement roadmap
- Create a data governance process and associated exception handling
- Effectively communicate and seek stakeholder buy-in
- Stay abreast industry trends, regulatory changes, and emerging technologies related to data governance and proactively incorporate them into the data governance strategy