Company: TransForm Shared Service Organization (in partnership with Chatham-Kent, Elgin, Middlesex-London, Sarnia-Lambton and Windsor-Essex Ontario Health Teams)
Location: Ontario West Region (Hybrid: Both remote and onsite work)
Posting Period: November 3, 2022 to November 25, 2022 Closed at 4:00 pm
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Benefits: Pension, Health & Dental, Paid Sick, Life & Disability Insurance, Vacation and more. Visit our website for more details
Scope: Internal & External
Conditions: Current business reference checks, vulnerable sector police clearance, and immunization medical clearance
DIRECTOR, DIGITAL HEALTH STRATEGIST
The Digital Health Strategist (Strategist) is a role designed to provide leadership in digital health to the residents served by TransForm, its partners and multiple Ontario Health Teams (OHTs) (including Chatham-Kent, Windsor-Essex, Sarnia-Lambton, Middlesex-London and Elgin). The role will ensure that the provincial road map for digital health is optimized for the local health delivery needs and transformation of health services underway through the evolving OHT model. The Strategist will develop a prioritized and sustainable local digital health roadmap, that aligns with the strategic priorities of the OHTs, are supported by the provincial digital health strategy. The Strategist will have strong relationships with Ontario Health (OH) West, Ontario Health, and other OHT digital health peers across the province to maximize the impact of digital health enablers for population health management. The relationships and accountabilities within each OHT might be slightly different, while addressing the specific OHT digital health priorities.
The Strategist will have the benefit as a member of TransForm’s Digital Health team. This relationship will open doors for being involved in West Region and Ontario Health Digital Health projects that will ultimately benefit stakeholders and residents of the associated OHTs. The co-reporting structure to one of the partnering OHTs (Sarnia-Lambton) aligns with the community-led nature of the OHT mandate. First and foremost, the Strategist will be a leader and champion of health system transformation and understand the goals of Population Health Management. The Strategist will employ innovative and transformative digital solutions through a robust technology environment, clinical informatics expertise, and project management support to support the OHTs.
The Strategist must be a highly successful, future-oriented digital/technology leader with a passion for innovation and equitable access to high quality, connected care for population health. They will be visionary with an ability to develop public and private sector partnerships that advance the strategy and spearhead digital innovation by stretching to reach the art of the possible. The Strategist will contribute to overall health system transformation through influence within the broader health care sector, Ministry of Health, Ontario Health, and cross-OHT partners. They will continue to develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders including: Ontario Health, Ontario Health West, Digital Health Canada, Canada Health Infoway, information system and service providers, and other relevant stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Set and implement a digital strategy that supports TransForm and OHTs’ digital strategic plans by working with cross-functional partners to map and transition traditional processes to digital ones
- Collaborate with regional, provincial and national partners to align and move forward the digital health strategy for TransForm and OHT partners
- Ensure collaboration, knowledge sharing, and digital best practices between partners and colleagues to help embed a robust digital ecosystem.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for funding of new digital projects/programs in support of the OHTs’ overarching strategies, Ontario Digital Health Strategy, Patients First strategy, and the digital strategy of TransForm.
- Consider ROI and sustainability for all digital projects, fine-tuning approaches as needed to ensure the OHTs are investing in the right tools and resources for better connected care and integrated digital health systems.
- Develop a clearly-defined and compelling digital strategy to enable the future of OHTs, with some standardized components for multiple OHTs and some unique components to each OHT. Consideration for the work being championed by TransForm will factor into the planning.
- Ensure that all relevant digital initiatives are fully integrated into the strategic-planning process for leadership commitment, resource allocation and execution
- Work with TransForm to generate innovative digital solutions for products, services, processes, customer experiences, marketing channels, and business models.
- Monitor and support the alignment of the digital health project portfolios and partner with OHTs for execution
- Identifying new tools and working with vendors – AI, digital, CRM – that can support, enhance and improve digital solutions.
- Work closely with each OHT, TransForm, and the leaders of the relevant teams to identify key skill sets required to build digital capabilities.
- Minimum five to seven (5-7) years’ health care experience in a similar role developing and implementing digital strategies
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on business, information technology, computing, or other related inter-disciplinary program (Masters preferred).
- Understand core business processes
- Have an innovative and change champion mindset, constantly looking forward
- Experience managing and leading a digital portfolio
- Proven influencing and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of provincial and regional priorities related to digital health, ideally within Ontario Health’s West region
- Demonstrated relevant skills and professional experience in a senior role collaboratively developing and executing digital strategies and working with various IT systems, platforms, and technologies.
- Proven experience using innovative approaches and techniques (design thinking, journey maps, workshops, co-design, etc.) to drive digital strategies through execution, through a health equity lens, with material results.
- Understanding of systems design and development from operating requirements analysis through to day-to-day management within a service excellence framework.
- Knowledge of and experience in large and complex clinical information system implementations, involving complex software, infrastructure and business processes, and supporting thousands of users.
- Knowledge of and experience in leading complex, multi-site, large projects with a customer service focus, and highly skilled and educated workforce.
- Innovative experience that clearly demonstrates success in leading strategic and transformational digital and IT services.
- Knowledge of health care information management and e-Health with insight into leading practices to create and sustain integrated systems.
- Track record in developing and implementing changes that measurably improve business effectiveness.
- Identified as a respected digital and IT industry leader.
- Minimal exposure to disagreeable conditions typical of an office position: exposed to stress and pressure associated with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Must be able to travel within the Southwestern Ontario area, when required
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, when required
TransForm Shared Service Organization, a non-profit, unique, innovative, results-driven organization founded by hospitals in the Erie St. Clair region. Our services include: information technology and information management support, sourcing and contract management, purchasing and logistics services, as well as project management. Our Mission is to deliver exceptional service and create new innovative ways to support the health system by enhancing value and improving patient outcomes. If you are service oriented, dedicated to exceeding performance expectations and interested in reaching your full potential, TransForm is for you! We welcome and appreciate your interest in our organization.
Want to know more about TransForm? Visit our website!
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please email a copy of your cover letter and resume to HR
- Reference the job and where you found the job posting in the subject line of the email.
TransForm is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain employees. Upon request, accommodations for disabilities will be provided to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess a Canadian citizenship or a permanent resident status or work permit.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TransForm is currently not accepting applications or solicitation from recruitment agencies. Thank you for your cooperation.
STAY CONNECTED TO US:
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Indeed and Twitter for the latest job postings and news!