Windsor Essex Capital Angel Network (WECAN):
WECAN is a non-profit organization with a membership of experienced high net worth private individuals who invest in seed and early stage technology companies. While investments are made individually, members enjoy the benefit of best practices and the collective knowledge and networks of the group. Our mandate is to connect experienced, accredited investors with solid, screened, and vetted investment opportunities. By bringing together investment, experience and a network of partners, WECAN facilitates high potential companies to grow, realize their potential and offer excellent returns to investor members.
For this position, the ideal candidate will have broad experience and background in Angel investing as well as:
- Five or more years of proven leadership and senior management experience, including time spent in an emerging growth company, technology accelerator or an institutional funding environment
- Direct experience funding or seeking funding for a venture would be a plus
- Experience working in entrepreneurial environments with a dynamic ecosystem of partners, stakeholders and customers
- High energy, collaborative leadership skills that foster an environment of trust and inclusivity
- Exceptional relationship development skills and the ability to liaise with key stakeholders and partners
- Out-of-the-box thinking to develop, drive and ' future strategic direction
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with a Board of Directors
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of business operations
- Successful experience in working with and submitting proposals to all levels of government in sourcing and securing program funding
Executive Director WECAN Position Description / Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Chair of the Board and working collaboratively with the Board of Directors, the Executive (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for WECAN's programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
- Collaborating with Other Angel groups in the provincially Via the NAO-O (Network of Angel Organizations -Ontario) and nationally via NACO (National Angel Capital Organization).
- Creating deal flow and investments for WECAN members.
- Leading the investment process-screening along with the Lead Angel, evaluation, due diligence, structure of the investment & term sheet.
- Securing ongoing government grants and other forms of funding, and new organization development with prospective partners.
- Developing and implementing marketing and outreach programs to attract and recruit new members.
- Arranging for and providing education and training on angel investing to new and existing members.
- Assisting members as required with the management of their WECAN related investment portfolio.
- Recruiting for, as well as representing, WECAN to the ecosystem of prospective and existing members, entrepreneurs, volunteers, board members, committees, founders, sponsors, government funders, and partnering organizations.
- Engaging the eco-system members to understand their organization priorities, determining the appropriate fit, and executing appropriate engagement strategies.
- Assisting entrepreneurs in preparing their investment pitch and investment summary.
- WECAN shall be entitled to establish objectives and/or a more detailed description of Services and to vary the same from time to time to meet the needs of the organization.