- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers and integrate automation processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics & debugging procedures, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff / IT vendors for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- New accounts set-up active directory administration.
- Implementing security protocols and procedures to prevent potential cybersecurity threats and ensure systems are secure and protected from any breach or cyber attack.
- Manage multiple ERPs, accounting applications, reporting tools, and security systems.
- Keeping up to date with advancements and best practices in IT administration.
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field or equivalent experience required
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network-related fields are a plus
- Must possess a valid drivers license