IT Service Desk Technician
Reporting to the Team Leader - Service Desk. Your responsibilities as a service desk technician level 1 include providing Global Excel employees and its corporate clients timely and useful technical assistance on their computer environment, including mobile devices and other tech products. The role will include the provisioning, configuration, and deployment of new systems as well as the secure decommissioning of old hardware. Support can be provided in person, over the phone or remotely.
What does your typical day look like?
- Perform on-site and remote technical support for Windows PCs, thin client devices, printers, PC peripherals, multi-function devices, and mobile devices.
- Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Perform desktop hardware and software configuration and installation activities.
- Understand and use imaging tools or applications (e.g. Ghost).
- Ensure accurate logging of all issues handled within IT Service Desk system.
- Complete user move/add/change requests.
- Evaluate and procure hardware and software.
- Create and maintain accurate technical documentation.
- Provide emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed on the network.
- Perform other IT duties and assist other team members as required.
- Maintain excellent communication with the IT Supervisor on all tasks and projects.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of existing and emerging technologies.
- Share ideas, opinions, and constructive criticism with other IT team members.
- Maintain professionalism in all business and end user communications.
- Demonstrate effective prioritization of day-to-day workload and ensure that commitments are met.
- Ensures quality customer service to client users; ensures proper and accurate feedback on technical problems; and coordinates communications between client and information technology staff.
- Keep accurate records of your time and services provided.
- Monitor SLAs and follow escalation procedures to ensure the timely resolution of issue.
What skills and experience do you need?
- DEC or AEC in technologies with 1 or more years of experience with technical support or; experience in a relevant IT field for more than 5 years.
- Good Interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting a team focused environment.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for learning and sharing of knowledge.
- Working under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of employee contact by phone or in person.
- Ability to troubleshoot both hardware and software related issues.
- Available for on-call duties.
How to Apply?
If you require assistance or accommodation during our recruitment process, please notify Human Resources so that we can review and consider how we may be able to assist you based on your individual needs.
Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.