Program Manager - Windsor-Essex
Hi, I am Aysha Teja, Director of Operations of Palette. We are a national not-for-profit that supports fast-growing companies to find the talent they need by upskilling and transitioning people whose jobs or industries are being disrupted. We do this by identifying fast-growing companies and working with them to understand their talent needs. We then identify local talent pools with the necessary foundational skills necessary for the in-demand jobs. We are particularly focused on individuals in precarious employment. Finally, we work with training partners to develop a reskilling program and create access pathways that connect job seekers to employers. Because we start with employers and involve them through the design and delivery of the training program, our inaugural program, SalesCamp, saw 88% of program participants receive a job offer.
We launched operations just over a year ago with a small team in Toronto. Our initial success has led to additional funding which is allowing us to bring our model to the Windsor-Essex region over the next 2.5 years. I am seeking a self-motivated and results-driven individual to lead the Windsor-Essex expansion. Responsibilities include overseeing the end-to-end design, development, delivery, evaluation, and iteration of the program. To do this, you must be strategic and also have the execution chops to able to build a brand new program from the ground up. You must be able to effectively communicate with the C-level within partner organizations, including corporations and manage multiple program partners. Someone who is independent, curious and is able to analyze and synthesize outcomes, data and customer feedback and have ideas on how to respond to the surprises and opportunities the data reveals would thrive in this role. You must also comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty that comes with an early-stage organization and building a new program. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who wants to build something that matters.
What you’ll be doing:
Within 1 month you will…
- Meet the Palette team and understand the Palette model
- Get up to speed on the growing sectors in Windsor Essex region and meet with local stakeholders (employers, job seekers, training providers) to understand their needs
- Set up the local office space
- Build out a local hiring plan to complement your skillset
Within 3 months you will…
- Identify the skills gap and conduct deep dives with employers to understand what a top performer looks like in their company in the identified role
- Solicit interest from local employers to hire from our program and transition them to the program design process
- Identify potential talent pools to source program applicants, understand their baseline skills and develop the recruitment/marketing strategy to attract them to sign up for the program
- Develop and source key delivery partners (e.g., recruitment and training partners)
- Work closely training provider and employers to design and develop the training curriculum
- Hire team members, as required
Within 6 months you will…
- Develop and execute an assessment process to assess applicants into the program
- Build a pipeline of applicants and onboard accepted program participants into the program
- Manage key delivery partners
- Oversee the delivery of the first cohort training program and adapt based on real-time feedback
- Manage and track interview and job placement progress post the training program
- Collect feedback from employers, participants, and training partners and analyze trends based on outcomes
Within 12 months you will...
- Share out program insights with key stakeholders and the broader community
- Build an on-going alumni network
- Plan, iterate and execute the second and third cohorts based on results
from earlier cohorts
This is the ideal timeline and things may shift based on business needs and on-the-ground circumstances. We also realize this seems like a lot -- and it is. While you’ll lead this work, you won’t do it alone. Partners, such as the employers, training partners, and recruitment agencies are the lifeblood of the Palette model and you’re the glue that will hold all of it together. You’ll also have an internal team and the Toronto team to support you.
You should have experience in building a program or a product as well as building and managing a team. You should also have proven success in building and managing external partnerships. Working knowledge of the fast-growing sectors in the Windsor-Essex region, as well as adult learning theory, would be valuable but not necessary.
You will report directly to me and my role is to support you and make sure that you have everything you need to succeed - budget, resources, access, subject matter expertise in program design etc. You will also have access to the other members of our executive team - Arvind Gupta and AJ Tibando.
Candidates can expect a highly competitive base salary, annual bonus and benefits. The specific compensation package will depend on the experience level of the candidate.
How We Hire
At Palette we hire bright people looking to make a big impact. Once you’ve applied, if we like what we see, you’ll have a phone chat with our recruiter, then a couple of meetings with the team. We’ll take you through a quick analysis of your capabilities (no doing free work for us), then we make an offer. We believe in moving fast.
Palette embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable application experience for you, please let us know.