The Senior Technical Analyst is a member of the Delivery Services team engaged in the Intake and Project Portfolio. As a member of this team, this individual is responsible for completing impact, options analysis, and risk assessments for new IT initiatives. This includes assessing the scope with both business and vendors, producing briefing notes, and developing a high-level cost, resource and schedule estimates.
The Senior Technical Analyst will also help run multiple IT projects, in collaboration with all other TransForm portfolios during delivery of new initiatives. The Senior Technical Analyst is expected to apply fundamental project management leading practices, including task, issuerisk, resource, and budget management.
This role is expected to be technical in nature, with working knowledge of many of our core infrastructure components within our organization (Citrix, Networks, Windows based servers, UNIX servers, Linux servers, Storage Solutions, Exchange, VOIP, VMware, Backups, SQL Database, cyber security, etc).
The Senior Technical Analyst will support the Delivery Services team in maintaining business processes and procedures, which enable the efficient delivery of the team’s services. This role combines both a strategic component (planning, standards, business cases) and coordination related to tactical component (project delivery, procurement and provisioning), on a variety of initiatives ranging from small through large scale enterprise projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead the assessment of regional technology proposals (including development of business cases, Request for Proposals) for assigned areas of responsibility within core infrastructure components.
- Lead the delivery of technology implementation activities including estimating and managing project resources and work activities for assigned work-streams in accordance with regional project management methodologies.
- Manage and lead project development from beginning to end including:
- Effectively communicate project expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise with project team members and stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of needed internal personnel
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues/risks, and devise contingency plans
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Work as part of a regional Change Advisory Board (CAB) to review and approve all technical change requests in accordance with regional policies and procedures
- Support the development and documentation of processes and procedures for handling TSSO’s Intake and Project services
- Help provide the templates, documentation standards, and expected cadence to support the TSSO Intake and Project services. This includes documenting the Service Catalogue definitions, service level objectives, and measurement & reporting
- Assist with ongoing training and onboarding (offboarding) processes and procedures to TSSO staff and key customer stakeholders
- Participate in the regular review off TSSO service performance, identifying compliance issues and how to continually improve; including adjusting process, documentation, etc. to address and improve service delivery quality
- Responsible for making technical investment recommendations for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Shared responsibility for technology change control as a member of CAB.
- Responsible for delivery of assigned intake roles (ex, Lead assessor).
- Responsible for delivery of assigned project roles (ex, technical lead).
- Minimum three (3) year University Degree or College diploma in Information Technology
- Six to ten (6-10) years’ experience in supporting and leading projects related to technology solutions and or services in a complex IT environment
- Experience in leading or participating in large scale technology implementation projects
- Experience in providing wide scale technology support services
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective relationships with clients, vendors, and team members
- PMP Certification is an asset
- Healthcare IT related experience an asset
- Minimal exposure to disagreeable conditions typical of an office position: exposed to stress and pressure associated with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Must be able to travel within the Southwestern Ontario area, when required
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, when required
- Must be able to work shifts Monday to Friday between 7:00am and 5:00pm
- Must be local and available for on-call
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please email a copy of your cover letter and resume to HR@transformsso.ca.
- Reference the job and where you found the job posting in the subject line of the email.
TransForm is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain employees. Upon request, accommodations for disabilities will be provided to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess a Canadian citizenship or a permanent resident status or work permit.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TransForm is currently not accepting applications or solicitation from recruitment agencies. Thank you for your cooperation.