Are you and energetic and passionate IT professional who thrives on providing excellent service to both clients and fellow staff?
Do you value continuous learning, opportunities for personal growth, and a fun, inclusive company culture?
If so, we want AlphaKOR to be the place you want to work. We want you to love your job. Because when you love your job, you’ll do great things. Come and do great things with us!
AlphaKOR was founded in 1995 and specializes in simplifying information technology to help our customers succeed. We combine these technologies into a managed service to provide our customers with the equivalent of a Fortune 500 IT Department to help drive, accelerate, protect, and future proof their businesses. Our guiding philosophies dictates a balance between creating the ultimate experiences for our customers, our teammates and ourselves. As a multi-award-winning company, we have a proven track record of success through merging the worlds of people, processes, and technology.
• Competitive wages and benefits
• RRSP matching
• Mileage reimbursement or use of company vehicle for off-site service work
• Convenient location near Lauzon and EC Row, on the Lauzon 10 bus route
• Open, collaborative office environment, next to the outdoor trail along Little River, perfect for breaking up your day with some exercise and fresh air
• Discounts on personal computer purchases
• Onsite ping pong & bike desk
• Weekly indoor soccer and outdoor skating for employees and families
• Numerous networking, community, and social events
• Opportunities for continuous learning, company subsidized training, mentoring, and internal growth
The Senior Technical Specialist requires a minimum of five (5) years of tier 2 or 3 technical support experience that includes leading large implementation projects. This position is responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and supporting Servers, LAN, WAN and network infrastructures.
• Act as the lead technician for advanced-level projects, break-fix and work order implementations
• Provide support for customers and internal staff in resolving technical issues
• Communicate effectively with customers and internal staff ensuring an exceptional customer and co-worker experience
• Demonstrate excellent self-management skills by managing loose-ends and task follow-through
• Perform timely administration using concise technical writing techniques that provide the customer and internal staff with professional documentation
• University level Computer Science degree, or a college level Computer Systems Technology diploma, plus five (5) years field experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Extensive knowledge in the implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the following processes: VPN, routers, firewalls, switches, wireless, MS Server, SAN, MS Exchange, Terminal Services, MS Active Directory, virtualization, fault tolerance, disaster recovery and data backup
• Candidates must take pride in their tasks, earn respect through their actions, go beyond job expectations, and be committed to continuous learning
If you are interested in capitalizing on this exciting opportunity with one of Southwestern Ontario's leading technology companies, please submit your resume for consideration.
AlphaKOR Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.