The Senior Technical Specialist requires a minimum of five (5) years of tier 2 or 3 technical support experience that includes leading large implementation projects. This position is responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and supporting Servers, LAN, WAN and network infrastructures.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Extensive knowledge in the implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the following processes: VPN, routers, firewalls, switches, wireless, MS Server, SAN, MS Exchange, Terminal Services, MS Active Directory, virtualization, fault tolerance, disaster recovery and data backup
Candidates must take pride in their tasks, earn respect through their actions, go beyond job expectations, and be committed to continuous learning.
University level Computer Science degree, or a college level Computer Systems Technology diploma
Act as the lead technician for advanced-level projects, break-fix and work order implementations
• Provide support for customers and internal staff in resolving technical issues
• Communicate effectively with customers and internal staff ensuring an exceptional customer and co-worker experience
• Demonstrate excellent self-management skills by managing loose-ends and task follow-through
• Perform timely administration using concise technical writing techniques that provide the customer and internal staff with professional documentation
Five (5) years IT field experience