Scribendi, a leading online language services company, seeks a Senior Web Developer to join our IT team. At Scribendi, you will participate in mission-critical projects and join a small group of forward-thinking software developers working in an agile environment.
You will work with cutting-edge technologies, apply them in the ecommerce sector, and collaborate extensively with stakeholders and the development team to achieve ambitious goals. This role is for a fearless self-starter with good communication skills, a good work ethic, and the ability to participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. If you dream of creating software that can have a real impact, this job is for you.
Who we are
- A small team of developers working in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- We always strive to be innovative, fast moving, and passionate about getting work done right
- We work collaboratively to grow and learn together
- We’re not afraid of difficult problems but carefully choose what we spend time on
We are happy to be able to provide some key benefits to our employees:
- A dynamic corporate culture founded on meritocracy, flexibility, and continual learning
- Open Coursera training program
- Competitive wages and comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits (as well as a wellness benefit)
- A quarterly and yearly bonus plan
- A flexible schedule and remote work
- Career growth opportunities
About THE COMPANY
Founded in 1997, Scribendi is an award-winning online editing company that offers document revision services to clients in all sectors, including business, academia, and publishing. For 20 years, we have cultivated our reputation as a leader in the editing and proofreading industry. Today, Scribendi is a fast-growing, profitable online company with a network of over 500 professional freelance editors processing hundreds of orders per day. In 2018, Scribendi launched Scribendi.ai, our artificial intelligence and machine-learning arm, which works to create tools to improve our customer experience and enhance human editors' skills.
How to apply
Please apply to email@example.com with a resume and cover letter detailing your experience in relation to the above-stated job requirements as well as your salary expectations.
Scribendi is committed to equal opportunity employment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
Who you are:
- Have a minimum of five years of professional experience deploying software in production environments
- Are able to write high-quality code that promotes reuse and readability and uses current best practices
- Have a strong grasp of relational database systems, OOP, MVC web frameworks, and web application security principles
- Have a good sense of humor
- Can act as a Technical Lead as required, including but not limited to assisting the project lead in allocating tasks to team members and exercising initiative and sound judgment in the execution of project plans and schedules
- Have experience developing high-volume, highly available, and distributed production applications using microservices and containerization technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Have high-level knowledge of the DevOps development lifecycle and software development methodologies
What you will do:
- Develop high-volume, highly available, and distributed production web applications
- Provide technical guidance, support, and technical mentorship to other members of the software development team, including code and documentation reviews
Technologies we use:
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- PHP, C#, Python, Perl, Node.js
- MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Doctrine
- Twig, Smarty, Jade
- Apache, Nginx, Linux
- SVN, Git, Bitbucket
- Symfony, WordPress, Bootstrap, Composer, Laravel
- Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ