HUB International is the largest insurance brokerage in Canada. Our vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most. Our HUB Customer Central (HCC) office is looking for a full time Software Developer to join our team!
As a member of the CRM Systems team this role encompasses application development, deployment, and ongoing support of the in-house CRM platform. Utilizing software development technologies, standards, and best practices, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, testing, deployment and maintenance of the CRM system and related applications.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working with MS SQL Server (TSQL queries, indexes, stored procedures)
- Experience working with Application and Web Servers (IIS)
- Experience working with MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience working with client-side web frameworks (JQuery, Bootstrap, etc.)
- Experience using and/or customizing CRM Systems.
- Experience working with SVN Source Control
- Experience working with XML XSLT
- Strong understanding of SQL databases
- Experience with .NET Web Services/API (RESTful) development, JSON, Web API 2
- Strong communication skills
- Development of new applications which includes all aspects of development, such as application design, database design, user interface implementation, coding, building, testing, deployment, documentation, version control, content management, etc
- Develop a solid understanding of the project goals and how applications to be developed are to be used within the business unit.
- Aid in maintenance of existing business applications. This includes performing tasks such as; defect correction, developing reports and adapting the application to meet evolving business needs and product updates.
- Participate and collaborate in the planning of a project. This involves providing time estimates, solution design, risk analysis and technical expertise.
- Organize, schedule, and prioritize regular work while being able to accommodate emergency situations that may arise.
- Other related duties as assigned.