Cavalier Tool is currently looking for an experienced Sr. Mold Designer. The position is full-time and includes over-time after 40 hours/week, competitive wages, and benefits. MUST have 10+ years in Mold Design experience in either Cimatron or NX design software. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Come join our team!
In accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005) and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Cavalier Tool & Manufacturing Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- The designing of molds according to customer requirements, specifications, and industry-accepted guidelines.
- The accurate recording of design information relative to design and build activity of molds.
- The maintaining of up-to-date job history files.
- In depth knowledge of Design for Injection Molded Plastics Technology.
- Designing of structural foam, gas assist, multi-shot, thermoset and compression molds.
- Efficient capabilities in surface creation and part development.
- Ability to create feasibilities to present solutions.
- Paying attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Conduct Engineering Work Order Design Changes.
- Design highly complex components, resolving technical design conflicts.
- Mentor and coach other designers.
- Verify quality to design team output.
- Lead design reviews.
- Follow OEM corporate standards and policies.
- Assess buildability, manufacturability and integration with Lead Design Engineer and Design Managers.
- Advise supervises of project status, timing, resource availability and capability.
- Assist in establishing design completion dates and timelines.
- Knowledge of Cimatron OR Siemens NX
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and independently, exhibiting teamwork skills with other engineers and designers
- Strong organization, planning and data management skills
- Advanced ability to identify issues, problems and generate solutions
- Displays attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative design skills
- 10+ years experience as a Plastic Injection Mold Designer
- Willingness to develop and advance knowledge as industry and technology changes.
- Diploma in CAD/CAM, Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Design is an asset