Company: TransForm Shared Service Organization
Location: Remote (Must reside in Ontario)
Posting Period: June 6, 2022 to June 20, 2022 Closes 4:00pm
Temporary, Full-Time until December 31, 2022
Benefits: Pension, Vacation, and more. Visit our website for more details
Scope: Internal & External
Conditions: Current business reference checks, vulnerable sector police clearance, and immunization medical clearance
The Database Analyst works as part of a team to provide project development and operational support services across the entire region. Functionally, this is a hybrid role that performs Analysis-Programming-Database and Data Modelling services. The Analyst level typically works under the direct guidance of the Sr. Solutions Architect or Database Architect, for work task definition and prioritization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Performs development services as required for major and minor projects following standard development lifecycle methodologies (ex, preparation of clearly articulated requirements documents), under the general guidance of management or senior staff.
- Performs system support and sustainment activities for assigned areas of responsibility. Works as part of a regional support model to resolve production issues (typically level 2 or comparable) in conjunction with established service level agreement (SLA) targets. Includes productive use of our service management ticketing application.
- Works as part of a cross-functional distributed support team to take care of one or more assigned applications or technologies (i.e. MS Business Intelligence Toolset). Support services could include application lifecycle management, technical support, end user support, and issue management.
- Create documentation that includes intermediate to complex diagrams (swim lane diagrams, flowcharts, process flow diagrams).
- Troubleshooting data gaps or anomalies with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts).
- Work with Database Architect to design, model and implement solutions. Includes creation of appropriate documentation while obtaining customer signoff and approvals.
- Participate and contribute to meetings, workshops and design sessions.
- Store and provision data securely in our Data Warehouse, following established standards and best practices.
- Participates in the investigation and technical recommendations for assigned areas of responsibility
- Shared responsibility for technology change management as an ad-hoc member of the Change Advisory Board (CAB)
- Responsible for work assignments prioritization, scheduling, and issues management for assigned technologies
- Shared responsibility for the upkeep and safeguarding of production systems in partnership with the Service team.
- Responsible for delivery of assigned project roles (ex, Work-Stream members)
- University Degree or three (3) year Community College diploma in Information Technology
- Minimum two to four (2-4) years of experience in supporting technology solutions in an IT development environment
- Knowledge of database development and tabular modelling
- Intermediate T-SQL query development (Microsoft SQL, Oracle)
- Experience with Microsoft SSIS, SSAS
- Additional scripting/programming experience, an asset
- Healthcare IT related experience an asset
- Minimal exposure to disagreeable conditions typical of an office position: exposed to stress and pressure associated with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, when required