AlphaKOR, the region’s ONLY full-service technology firm, has an exciting opportunity available for a full-time Technical Specialist (NOC/RMM Technician – level 2).
The NOC Technician will primarily be responsible for proactive monitoring of customer’s network infrastructure, investigating and resolve alarms/alerts down to the root cause for repair or dispatch. They will perform service assurance, maintenance and client support, and escalations as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, and intranet systems
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate.
- Surveillance of network and systems utilizing the NOC toolkit
- Perform routine network/infrastructures start-up and shutdown procedures and maintain control records
- Respond to all automatically-generated alerts regarding our network infrastructure and customer monitoring
- Receive escalations from the NOC team and correlate those incidents into larger service impacting problems
- Triage and troubleshooting of servers, workstations, switching, routing, and servicing issues
- Perform maintenance for data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Maintain computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Create Incident tickets and maintain accurate and timely updates in the ticketing system (MSP Manager and Kare), escalate incidents as needed to various internal teams
- Assist in the provisioning and performance testing for our customers.
- Ensure the proper functioning monitoring tools.
- Facilitate and coordinate the flow of communication between other internal groups, business clients and vendors
- Provide training to NOC team members
- Perform step by step after-hours scheduled maintenance activities.
- Contribute to process documentation to the knowledge database for NOC team
- Configure, update, and optimize the various monitoring systems
- Exceptional Self-Management skills as it relates to work orders and time management
- Keep and maintain up to date documentation.
- Participate in shift rotation schedules
- Automation and Scripting for optimization of RMM functionality
If you are interested in capitalizing on this exciting opportunity with one of Southwestern Ontario's leading technology companies, please submit your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you add the “alphakor.com” domain to your safe senders list, as interview scheduling will be done via email.
AlphaKOR Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- A University level Computer Science degree, or a College level Computer Systems Technology diploma, plus 5 years field experience
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Knowledge of the implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the following processes: VPN, routers, firewalls, switches, wireless, MS Server, SAN, MS Exchange, Terminal Services, MS Active Directory, virtualization, fault tolerance, disaster recovery and data backup