The Training Specialists will work closely with other project team members, as well as clinical and non-clinical staff to gain a thorough understanding of the new Hospital Information System (HIS) and the associated workflows in order to develop training content and approaches to meet the needs for successful adoption. To ensure a comprehensive system understanding, the Training Specialists will collaborate with subject matter experts to configure the training environment, complete testing and refine training documentation/material to train end users and provide ongoing end user support. Additionally, the Training Specialists will provide direction to classroom-based instructors who will also deliver training to the hospital staff.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Work with a dynamic team to understand training needs and configure the HIS training environment
• Gain proficiency in understanding the new Hospital Information System
• Gain proficiency in clinical workflows for the roles to be trained
• Build, test, and maintain the training environment and training materials
• Coach, mentor and train classroom instructors and/or users on the new HIS functionality through effective facilitation processes
• Monitor and report training milestone achievements over the course of the initial implementation and product sustainability
• Collect feedback from trainees in class and communicating that information to the appropriate e-VOLVE project team members
• Follow up on any outstanding questions that arise in the classroom or reported concerns captured by other e-VOLVE project team members
• Develop computer-based training instructional design, with learning assessment and validation tools
• Administer end-user proficiency assessments and in-system checklists
• Supporting end users with at-the-elbow support
• Administering post-live refresher, optimization, and skills-enhancement training
• Train and support users to use technology in a consistent manner which promotes optimal delivery of quality patient care, patient safety, and confidentiality
• Provides input into ongoing post-live training and support
• Troubleshoot problems and questions from end users
• Minimum two (2) year program in education, training, organizational development or other related field
• Minimum two to four (2-4) years experience working with instructional design theory and learning principles
• Certified Training Practitioner (CTP) or other related certification
• Experience in project and systems implementation
• Experience building training programs, curriculum, etc.
• Experience in a health care environment with a basic understanding of clinical workflows and terminology
• Experience in training hospital information systems
• Experience creating SCORMs (i.e. applications such as Captivate, Articulate, etc.)
• Minimal exposure to disagreeable conditions typical of an office position: exposed to stress and pressure associated with multiple priorities and deadlines
• Must be able to travel within the Southwestern Ontario area, when required
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends, when required
TransForm Shared Service Organization, a non-profit, unique, innovative, results-driven organization founded by hospitals in the Erie St. Clair region. Our services include: information technology and information management support, sourcing and contract management, purchasing and logistics services, as well as project management. Our Mission is to deliver exceptional service and create new innovative ways to support the health system by enhancing value and improving patient outcomes. If you are service oriented, dedicated to exceeding performance expectations and interested in reaching your full potential, TransForm is for you! We welcome and appreciate your interest in our organization.
Want to know more about TransForm? Visit our website!
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a copy of your cover letter and resume to HR@transformsso.ca.
Reference the job and where you found the job posting in the subject line of the email.
TransForm is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain employees. Upon request, accommodations for disabilities will be provided to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess a Canadian citizenship or a permanent resident status or work permit.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TransForm is currently not accepting applications or solicitation from recruitment agencies. Thank you for your cooperation.
STAY CONNECTED TO US:
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Indeed and Twitter