HUB Creative Group is looking for a full-time WordPress web developer for a one year contract. HUB Creative is a boutique creative and web development agency located in Chatham-Kent, Ontario that services a wide range of small- and medium-sized companies. This is an in-house position and you will be required to work in our Chatham-Kent office. You must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Must be creative!
- 2-3 years of experience with WordPress, HTML5, CSS3, MySQL, PHP for front-end website development
- Experience with customizing WordPress templates
- Ability to create custom templates from a PSD an asset
- Experience with PHP and MySQL is an asset.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop is a must
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign is an asset
- Self-starter, high energy, assertive, take charge personality
- Ability to prioritize projects and handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Familiarity with SEO concepts, and proper website markup for SEO
- Stay current on the latest technologies and inspire others to do the same
- Social media skills an asset, including Facebook Business Manager, Google AdWords
If you can do things above and generally be awesome - you're qualified.
(But you need to be able to legally work in Canada)
The ideal candidate will be an expert in building websites from the ground up, as well as providing modifications and extending the functionality of existing sites. The ability to create a custom theme from a Photoshop file is an asset.
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing team in order to deliver the highest quality custom website development on the WordPress platform
- Ensure deadlines are met accordingly and expectations around those are managed
- Self-motivated, with the ability to multi-task, work independently and learn technical information quickly
- Provide customer support
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally implement Facebook and Google ad campaigns, e-mail campaigns