Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
14th Annual Global Automotive and Mobility Innovation Challenge
November 1, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The 14th Annual Global Automotive and Mobility Innovation Challenge (GAMIC) will open applications starting on Wednesday September 1, 2021 thru to November
Sponsored by MI Innovation Alliance and SAE International, GAMIC invites early-stage automotive and mobility companies to compete for access to rapid commercialization assistance.
- 70+ industry experts to help accelerate your business and make it grow
- $300,000+ of professional services and cash to accelerate Automotive and Mobility technology start-ups to network, meet new partners; showcase their technologies; and compete for rapid commercialization assistance.
During the competition entrants receive mentorship and coaching by, and networking opportunities with, automotive industry executives and investors, as well as the opportunity to win thousands in business development support services.
With exposure to over 15,000 transportation and mobility executives, engineers, investors, innovators and entrepreneurship supporters, GAMIC draws applicants from around the globe to present online or in-person during the competition.
- Wednesday Sept. 1, 2021 to Monday Nov.15, 2021 – Apply on F6S.
- Monday Nov. 22, 2021 – All Selected Quarter Finalists Notified
- Monday Dec. 6, 2021 to Jan.10, 2022 Qtr-Final Events held online.
- Thursday Feb. 24, 2022 Semi-Finals Events held online & in-person at: Lawrence Technological University in Southfield, Michigan, USA.
- Monday April 4, 2022 GAMIC Finals Event held in-person at the: SAE International WCX World Congress, Detroit, Michigan.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
We invite entrepreneurs, innovators and researchers that fit the following criteria:
- Innovation Space: Automotive and mobility applications
- Innovation Type: Physical (mechanical, chemical, electrical), and/or digital product/systems, testing, manufacturing or other enabling innovations
- Revenue: Less than $1,500,000 in revenue to date
- Funding: Less than $2,500,000 in equity funding to date.
- State of Innovation Advancement: Developed a proof-of-concept and/or a working model
- State of Business Planning: Developed an initial business plan covering the technology and a go-to-market plan
- Virtual for the Global Quarter-Final Competitions;
- Virtual or In-Person for the Global Semi-Final Competition;
- Live at the Global Finals held during the SAE World Congress WCX – Detroit, Michigan, USA