Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
A Health Industry for a Healthy Canada
November 15, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
OBIO® will host Dan Breznitz as the keynote
speaker for OBIO’s 2021 Annual Public Meeting. Dan is an
award-winning author, speaker and educator, and one of the
world’s most renowned authorities of innovation policies and
DAN WILL ADDRESS SOME OF THE MOST COMPELLING AND
THOUGHTFUL TOPICS FROM HIS BOOK HIGHLIGHTING:
- Invention, innovation, and prosperity for all
- Why do Canada’s best companies always seem to get pulled to the USA?
- Building innovation capacity takes time, money, and energy. We have it all.
- What do finance, intellectual property rights, and data have to do with it?
- The policy change that must happen to build, “A Health Industry for a Healthy Canada”.
Canada’s health science industry is thriving and maturing, with
interest from global investors at an all-time high. This brings the
challenge of how to create and nurture Canadian companies so
they expand from here into global markets. When health
science companies scale domestically, it leads to job creation
and revenue reinvestment, and drives stronger economic
development, based on successful anchor companies.