Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
Build Your Dream Webinar
January 26, 2021 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
The Canadian Women’s Network (CWN) is excited to have Kelly Hoey join us on January 26th as part our 2021: Rethink, Reset & Renew series.
CWN members form the preeminent startup community of Canadian women entrepreneurs, founders, and executive leaders across the globe.
Topic: The New Way of Networking
Can you build a powerful, dream network in a virtual world? Networking expert J. Kelly Hoey, author of Build Your Dream Network: Forging Powerful Relationships In A Hyper-Connected World, firmly believes we can.
In this session, Kelly shares her fresh take on networking and the ways you can adapt for a future of more virtual, fewer in-person IRL interactions – and not lose out on the opportunity to forge meaningful, lasting connections in virtual settings.
As we all continue to adjust to holding meetings, giving presentations and interconnecting online, connecting virtually presents a bounty of relationship building possibility, and with Kelly’s advice, you’ll have plenty of deceptively simple networking tools and fresh insights to do just that.
In this session you’ll learn:
- Why a new approach to this necessary skill is critical after the events of 2020
- Provides a new definition for networking (which will change how you approach networking online and off)
- Outlines the opportunities to be unlocked by embracing a network-building mindset on social networking platforms
- Shares why showing up every day is your most valuable networking skill (and ways to do that without being a braggart, bore or pest)
- Discusses the biggest networking mistake you’re making (it’s not what you think it is).