Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Building a VR Prototype for Good (9-12+ Guardian)
August 7, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFREE
In this workshop, we’ll be constructing physical prototypes of a VR world that solves or brings awareness to a real-world problem.
Join us and explore VR as a tool for positive change. We’ll research existing examples of VR for Good, then brainstorm and frame real-world problems that can be tackled using VR.
In this workshop, we’ll be going “unplugged” and constructing physical prototypes of a VR world that solves or brings awareness to a real-world problem. Prototypes are essential in Design Thinking, and are used to predict problems and gain accurate user feedback when creating a new product. Typically, a prototype starts as low-fidelity (low detail) and moves towards high-fidelity (highly detailed) over the process of product development.
What You’ll Need:
- Paper, markers/pencil crayons
- Construction materials to build your prototype (such as: paper, sticky tack, scissors, pipe cleaners, legos, etc.)
Who is this for?
This workshop is for girls ages 9-12 + Guardian. Our workshops are designed to give learning experiences that are fun, engaging, empowering and inspirational. Through hands-on, collaborative, project-based learning, girls end the workshop having built something. This workshop experience is designed to help girls see technology in a whole new light – as a medium for self-expression, and as a means for changing the world.
None! This workshop is designed for beginners.
- An awesome lead instructor and industry mentors!
- Learners must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the full duration of the workshop!
- You must bring your own laptop for which you have administrative permissions.
- Please remember to bring your own powercord. A mouse can come in handy too!
- You may be required to download some free software. After you sign up we will email detailed instructions.
We strive to host inclusive, accessible experiences that enable all individuals to engage fully. To request an accommodation or for inquires about accessibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org