Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
November 10, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
This 2-part session will help you understand the various types of capital your business may require and identify sources of obtaining it.
About this event
TechAlliance: Capital Strategy
Starting to look at raising money? Have your business plan / financial model and identified the need, amount, and timing of your cash requirements?
This Capital Strategy session will help you understand the various types of capital your business may require and identify sources of obtaining this capital. We examine the impact of bringing more owners into the business (“dilution”), key elements of creating more enterprise value and will explore the process and key terms of venture capital financing, convertible debt, and SAFE investments. By the end of the session, you will have a broad understanding of the various stages of the capital lifecycle and assess what type of funding you will look for. You will have the opportunity to test scenarios that may impact your ownership dilution, identify the key milestones for your business, and walk through a sample VC term sheet with the goal of understanding the key aspects that may be important to your business.
- November 3, 2021, 9:00-12:00pm
- November 10, 2021, 9:00-12:00pm
*Please note that this is a 2-part session, and each session is 3 hours long. Attendance is required for both sessions.
- Strong internet connection
- Web Camera with video conferencing capabilities
Who should attend?
- Entrepreneurs with established assumptions and hypotheses that are ready to test scenarios while working through problems within their startups.
- Startups with a prototype/ beta or minimum viable product (MVP), but also have a team, some customer validation, and some traction.
- Only available to Regional Innovation Centre (RIC) clients. Please contact your RIC contact for more information.
- Available to TechAlliance clients. Not a client? Sign up today. To connect with TechAlliance Venture Growth & Corporate Innovation advisors in becoming a client for no-cost services to qualified startup companies and entrepreneurs!
Please note that to benefit from the peer-to-peer nature of these sessions, all attendees are expected to engage and remain for the full session.
If you are no longer able to attend the session, we require 2 business days’ notice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.