Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Carbon Cartography | Mapping your Sustainability Journey
June 17, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The Green Economy is demanding that businesses deliver on Sustainability Action. Emissions reductions, net-zero aspirations, environmental footprint optimization, even the lexicon can be elusive. Setting sustainability targets are critical for moving people towards quantifiable change. There can be some challenge however, in clearly seeing the path to get there. This is especially true when targets are ambitious, distant, and moving.
As organizations advance toward their targets, they are faced with choices about how best to effect positive progress. These opportunities can be bewildering, particularly when there may be multiple and/or competing initiatives driven across the same organization.
Carbon Cartography is all about mapping your Sustainability journey. Your organization knows itself best. However, sometimes helpful perspective can be provided by looking from the outside in. Our June 17th Event will introduce you to critical Sustainability language and mapping exercises. Come share your experience and leave with a larger network, more journey milestones and target pathways to consider! (We’ll help you with the directions:).
- Introduce the language of carbon mitigation, greenhouse gas reduction, and sustainability agendas.
- Explore carbon progress success stories and case studies.
- Anonymously share your carbon challenges with the room and/or brag up your successes!
- Demonstrate a simple “Carbon Cartography” Sustainability Mapping process.
- Empower participants to develop a sketch-draft Mitigation Map for their own organization.
- Make new engaging friends!