Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
EPIC Blue Sky Competition Meet & Greet
February 13, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pmFREE
A student competition aimed to foster entrepreneurial thinking in academics
MEET AND GREET: Monday February 13th, 4:00 – 5:30 PM, EPICentre
Meet potential teammates, get feedback on your videos and ideas, tips for the competition
REGISTER HERE: http://www.epicentreuwindsor.ca/event-single/?event_id=109
What is it? A 2-minute video competition, showcasing an idea (product or service) to solve ANY problem
- UWindsor students or St. Clair College students
- Teams must consist of at least 2 different disciplines
- Teams of 2-4 students
What do I submit?
YouTube link to a maximum 2 minute video
- E-mail your YouTube link, along with your names, e-mails and disciplines to email@example.com
- Title your e-mail “Blue Sky Entry”
Deadline for Submission
- March 20th, 2017 11:59PM
I want to participate but I don’t have a team
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your discipline and a 1-2 sentence description of general topics you are interested in. Title your e-mail “Blue Sky Participant”
- We will match up single participants and contact all potential team members individually to confirm interest. Once interest from all parties is confirmed, we will introduce team members and you can begin your submission preparation.
Prizes: The Sushil Jain UWin Triple I Awards
- 1st Place: $1,000, an additional $500 if you are interested in pursuing your idea beyond the competition PLUS a trip to the Ontario entrepreneurial conference in Toronto (OCE Discovery)
- 2nd Place: $750 PLUS a trip to the Ontario entrepreneurial conference in Toronto (OCE Discovery)
- 3rd Place: $500 PLUS a trip to the Ontario entrepreneurial conference in Toronto (OCE Discovery)
- Judging will take place in an open viewing session on March 23rd at 5 pm at EPICentre. All participants, friends, family, etc. are welcome to attend to watch the submissions and enjoy complimentary refreshments.
- Videos will be judged by local entrepreneurs and UWindsor Alumni
Please address the following criteria in your video:
- What is the problem? Who does it concern?
- What is your solution?
- What research have you done? (Who are your competitors, etc…)
- Do you have a mock-up of your solution?
- Is your solution creative?
Market Research (10)
- Will people use your product or service?
- Are there stats to support your research?
Team Members (5)
- Who are your team members?
- How will they contribute to the project?
Questions? E-mail email@example.com with the subject “Blue Sky Question”