Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
EPIC STUDENT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM (Applications open until Sept. 5)
September 1, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
What is the EPICentre Ambassador Program?
The EPIC Ambassador Program is a student volunteer position for the Entrepreneurship Practice & Innovation Centre (EPICentre) located at the University of Windsor. Ambassadors will be current University of Windsor students and will represent the EPICentre on and off campus. Student Ambassadors will advocate and promote EPICentre workshops and programs by attending several events across campus, conducting in-class presentations, attending booth-days and promoting EPICentre through peer-to-peer communication.
Benefits to the Program
- Volunteer position on co-curricular transcript.
- Networking opportunity – great way to meet people on campus, and other networking opportunities through EPICentre workshops.
- Featured in our promotional material (newsletter, Facebook, Instagram… etc.).
- Learning opportunities through EPICentre workshops and events.
- Off campus events (40 under 40, Business Excellence Awards… etc.).
- Access to EPICentre events & facilities (key card granted upon request).
- Full-time or part-time student currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at the University of Windsor.
- Excellent communication, networking, organization, and public speaking skills.
- Volunteer at minimum, 15 hours over a semester (3 months).
- Available to meet once a month for round table discussion (video conference available).
- Actively update activity involvement on a Shared Google Doc.
- (Optional) Write 1 blog post at the end of the semester regarding your EPICentre student ambassador experience.
Breakdown of Events & Activities
Student Ambassadors are advised to:
• Dedicate 15 hours to on-campus activities. These can include activities or events such as:
- Booth days during special events
- In-class presentations
- Peer-to-peer communication (group or one-on-one)
- Lancer sporting events
- Distribution of EPICentre printed materials
• (Optional) Dedicate a minimum of 2 hours to an event off campus. These can include events such as:
- Alumni networking events
- Partner or community events
Students are allowed up to 3 off-campus events of their choice. EPICentre will subsidize all costs for the event (i.e. ticket price).
Students must obtain approval for the event one week prior of the event date.
Round 1: Formal Application
Applications will be reviewed and only successful applicants will be contacted and proceeded to Round 2. Successful applicants will be contacted on September 6th.
Round 2: Presentation Pitch
Upon successful completion of Round 1, applicants will be required to present in front of a panel of judges. Final selection will take place shortly after, and successful applicants will be selected to be an EPICentre Student Ambassador. Successful applicants will be contacted on September 13th.
Pitch Dates: September 10th & 11th
Program Start Date: September 17th, 2018
Program End Date: December 7th, 2018