Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
EPIC VentureWomen Final Pitch
February 4, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
EPICentre strives to build a more inclusive and innovative ecosystem to support women changemakers through the EPIC VentureWomen Program. This program provides female founders and co-founders the opportunity to explore their ideas, increase their entrepreneurial skills, network, and build a business that is future proof.
Over the past 4-months, program participants have been engaging in many activities and events on topics such as leadership, negotiation, intellectual property, public speaking, and several other essential business fundamentals. The VentureWomen program participants also had the access to our VentureWomen Advisory Panel, designed specially with special attention to the systemic barriers women face in entrepreneurship.
This program will culminate with our VentureWomen Final Pitch Competition. Join us on Thursday, February 4th for a live stream of the event, broadcasted on our YouTube Channel. During this event, each program participant will have the opportunity to pitch their business idea to a panel of judges.
Available awards during the competition are:
- Top Business Pitch Award: $3,000 (sponsored by Lucas Imagine Fund)
- Community Impact Award: $3,000 (sponsored by Shibley Righton LLP)
Our Final Pitch Judging Panel welcomes:
- Diane Reko, CEO, Reko International Group
- Jessica Koper, Associate Lawyer, Shibley Righton
- Julia Mohamed, Co-founder and online digital manager, Full Circle Vintage
Please be reminded: the event will be streamed LIVE to our YouTube channel. Please make sure to register for this event to receive the link.
Presenting VentureWomen businesses:
- Avid Sensory Wellness – Founder, Abeer Ahmed
- Glow + Flourish Box – Founder, Nia Thompson
- K. Roy Fit – Founder, Kaden Roy
- Logic Executive Search & Workplace Solutions – Founder, Jennifer Charron
- Lumaki Labs – Founder, Mylene Tu
- Om Ice – Founder, Melissa Hopper
- Secure Detection – Founder, Sara Khosravi
- Stitch Happens Studio – Co-founder, Caita Clemerson
- The Oops Box – Founder, Domenica Mediati
- The Worm Hut – Co-founders, Brittany Gelinas & Stephanie Pilon
The EPIC VentureWomen Program is in proud collaboration with RISE and sponsored by FedDev Ontario.