Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
EPICentre: Design for Community Development
March 27, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFREE
Join us for an interactive workshop on how design thinking can be used as a tool to address some of the toughest challenges faced in community-based work. This session will feature an overview of the fundamentals of human-centred design thinking and guide participants through the creative problem-solving process that can be applied to their own projects. We will briefly explore each phase of the design thinking process and have the opportunity to collaborate and practice the methods in creatively focused exercises.
This workshop is part of the O’Neil Foundation Community Impact Pilot Program.
Some Benefits of using Human-centered Design Thinking?
• Accelerate innovation and creative thinking
• Better align with the needs of the people served
• Helps to discover new opportunities
• Fosters inclusion and collaboration
• Accelerate decision-making
• Reduce risk and uncertainty
• Align around a shared vision
KEY TAKEAWAYS/LEARING OBJECTIVES:
• Gain better understanding of human centred design thinking
• Introduce new tools and methods to improve creative potential
• Hone design-centred skills in areas such as empathy and ideation
• Learn new ways to better understand and connect with key stakeholders
• Practice the design process and consider how it applies in your own work
• Opportunities for networking and peer interaction
Light refreshments will be provided.