Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
EPICentre- Off to the Races: Hiring Your First Employee(s)
October 23, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pmFREE
EPICentre is hosting an EPIC Human Resources series of workshops that will focus on what startups and businesses need to know when it comes to the hiring process! This workshop will be led by J.P. Karam, Associate at Willis Business Law. The workshop will cover the following key considerations:
- When should you consider making your first hire(s)?
- What other options are available to acquire labour?
- How can you best protect your business from employment-related liabilities?
- Employment Standards 101: what you need to know about basic employment laws in Ontario
- Payroll: the last thing on your mind, but the first thing on CRA’s mind!
- How to properly onboard an employee
- “Hire Slow, Fire Fast”—the art of recognizing talent, and weeding out poor performers
- Effective use of restrictive covenants to protect your business’ proprietary information
- What to do when the employment relationship breaks down?
- How to look for talent without looking desperate, cheap or boring.