Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
EPICentre presents: Blue Sky Competition 2015
March 5, 2015FREE
What is it?
- 2-minute video competition, showcasing an idea to solve any problem
- UWindsor students or St. Clair College students
- Teams must consist of at least 2 different disciplines
- Teams of 2-4 students
Deadline for Submission: March 5th, 11:59PM
- 2 MINUTE VIDEO ONLY
- Submit videos by March 5th using Dropbox, YouTube link or as a file.
Video Judging Criteria: Videos will be judged by local entrepreneurs and UWindsor Alumni
Problem (5 min): What is the problem? Who does it concern?
Solution (15 min)
- What is your solution?
- What research have you done?(Who are your competitors, etc…)
- Do you have a mock-up of your solution?
- Is your solution creative?
Market Research (10 min)
- Will people use your product or service?
- Are there stats to support your research?
Team Members (5 min )
- Who are your team members?
- How will they contribute to the project?
Quality of Video (10 min)
- Do you have a high-quality pitch?
- Is your video convincing?
Timeline: March 5th, 2015; deadline to submit video pitch
- March 11th: Viewing night
1st: $1500 PLUS a trip to Toronto!
2nd: $750 PLUS a trip to Toronto!
3rd: $500 PLUS a trip to Toronto!
- 50 teams expected to participate
- Coordinators include:
- Nicole Anderson, EPICentre Program Director
- EPICentre Student Ambassadors (2)
- Judges include:
- Representative from Alumni Association
- Local Entrepreneur
- Member of the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Innovation