Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Future Fuels: Climate Solutions in the Sky and on the Ground
January 19 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Aviation has a big emissions problem. Each year, the industry contributes about two percent of overall global emissions — and it’s on course to get even worse. The U.S. Department of Energy estimates that by 2050, planes will burn through 230 billion gallons of jet fuel annually, more than double of what’s being used now.
To reduce and reverse these damaging effects, airports around the world need to embrace innovative change. That means sourcing sustainable jet fuel, investing in EV-powered fleets, installing hydrogen and electric vehicle charging stations and upgrading internal grids and infrastructure.
This event will explore both the obstacles and the opportunities of making future fuels take off.
Panel 1 — Incentives for sustainable aviation fuel, the hydrogen hub opportunity and charging ahead
12:00 – 12:30 p.m.
- Harris Switzman — General Manager, Environment and Sustainability, Calgary Airport Authority
- Todd Ernst — Director, Aviation Infrastructure, Energy and Environment, Greater Toronto Airports Authority
Panel 2 — Startups working on future fuels
12:30 – 1:00 p.m.
- Anna Stukas — Vice-president, Business Development, Carbon Engineering
- Matthew Sachs — COO, Peak Power
- Zohrab Mawani — Co-founder, Director, Refuel Energy
Moderator — Adria Vasil, Managing editor, Corporate Knights