Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
August 14, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFREE
This workshop will focus on teaching the fundamentals of computer programming in a visual context, and highlight how simple mathematical equations can create beautiful and engaging outcomes. (You don’t need to be a math wizard – Processing does the calculating for us!)
Who is this for?
This workshop is for girls ages 9-12 + Guardian. Our workshops are designed to give learning experiences that are fun, engaging, empowering and inspirational. Through hands-on, collaborative, project-based learning, girls end the workshop having built something. This workshop experience is designed to help girls see technology in a whole new light – as a medium for self-expression, and as a means for changing the world.
None! This workshop is designed for beginners.
- An awesome lead instructor and industry mentors!
- Learners must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the full duration of the workshop!
- You must bring your own laptop for which you have administrative permissions.
- Please remember to bring your own powercord. A mouse can come in handy too!
- You may be required to download some free software. After you sign up we will email detailed instructions.
We strive to host inclusive, accessible experiences that enable all individuals to engage fully. To request an accommodation or for inquires about accessibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org