Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Inclusive Design Challenge: Access to Work
June 30, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The first innovation challenge seeks solutions that support accessible career entry for persons with disabilities. Priority areas identified by the disability community in this area include bias, disclosure of disability, and the limitations of a “one-size-fits-all” recruitment process.
We’re looking for individuals, groups and organizations with a solution to make finding meaningful employment more accessible to persons with disabilities. We welcome solutions from people with lived experience across the disability spectrum, startups, non-profits, academics and students, private and public sector organizations and the general public.
Five winners will be awarded the following prizes:
- A first place prize of $50,000
- 2 runner-up prizes of $20,000
- 2 honourable mention prizes of $5,000
- In-kind support provided by MaRS and CIBC including access to scaling pathways and adoption-oriented activities.
- The challenge is now open for submissions
- Submissions close June 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- Sponsored by CIBC