Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
Libro-EPIC Social Enterprise Final Pitch Competition
May 6, 2021 @ 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Social entrepreneurs play a critical role in community development and social betterment in local and global communities across the globe. In partnership with Libro Credit Union, our Libro-EPIC Social Enterprise Program aims to support changemakers in Southwestern Ontario looking to launch and grow a social enterprise.
Over the past 3-months, six social enterprises have been engaging in many activities and events on topics such as design thinking, social impact, storytelling, networking, business model generation and more. Our changemakers have also had the opportunity to receive one-on-one specialized coaching by Pillar Nonprofit Network – a catalyst organization supporting budding social enterprises.
This program will culminate with our Social Enterprise Final Pitch Competition. Join us on Thursday, May 6th for a live event where each social enterprise will have the opportunity to pitch their business idea to a panel of judges and LIVE audience. Two awards, sponsored by Libro Credit Union, are available to the presenting teams:
- Top Pitch Award: $5,000
- People’s Choice Award: $1,000
The People’s Choice Award will be determined by the LIVE audience. A poll will be available after each team has presented for the audience to vote on their favourite pitch. If you register for this event, make sure to stick around to vote on your favourite Social Enterprise!
Our Final Pitch Judging Panel welcomes:
- Lori Atkinson, Windsor-Essex Regional Manager, Libro Credit Union
- Wen Teoh, Director, EPICentre
- Julie Forrester, Manager of Impact Consulting, Pillar Nonprofit Network
- Joseph Heraldo, Enterprise Resource Planning Specialist, Canadian Premier Supplements
Presenting the Libro-EPIC Social Enterprises:
- Beneficent Learning – Founder Omolade Williams
- Community Family Fitness Centre – Executive Director, Angela Yakonich, Co-Founder, Bradley Bellavance and Program Coordinator, Danielle Atogwe
- Mantra Farms – Founder, Vikas Varma Datta
- Seeds Rooted in Youth – Founder, Janneke Vorsteveld
- Sheth Event Designs – Founder Shriaa Sheth
- The Working Class – Co-founders, Christine Montgomery & Vita Fiore
To register for this event, please follow the link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_CJHpHP5eRYaVp6lWRfoMBQ