Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
MaRS presents: Entrepreneurship 101 (E101) Online Courses
November 14, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFREE
Starting a business?
E101 is a free, five-week online course made up of five units; where you’ll engage with seasoned entrepreneurs and industry experts as well as other founders enrolled in the course. You’ll complete one unit by Sunday of each week. At the end of the course, students who have successfully completed the course will be eligible for a Certificate of Entrepreneurship.
MaRS’ Entrepreneurship 101 (E101) online course equips you with the skills you need to launch a successful business. Learn how to create opportunities, find smart creative solutions and move fast. E101 will help you turn your startup idea into reality.
Entrepreneurship 101 is aimed at technology entrepreneurs and social innovators, the course covers the fundamentals of starting and building a new venture. Built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. The world of technology and business has never been more exciting.
What to expect:
- Hands-on, practical and actionable: We send you out of the virtual classroom after each lesson to apply the concepts to your own company.
- Taught by experts: You’ll have the opportunity to engage with seasoned entrepreneurs and subject matter experts.
- Cohort-based learning: You’re encouraged to engage with peers and like-minded founders, and to share your learnings within the E101 community.
- Entrepreneurship 101 is aimed at technology entrepreneurs and social innovators, the course covers the fundamentals of starting and building a new venture. Built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs.
Course learning objectives:
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to validate a product/service
- Create a business strategy and case using the Business Model Canvas
- Develop compelling product positioning statements and value proposition
- Build a viable financial model
- Create customer personas and conduct customer interviews to evaluate a MVP
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify business opportunities
- Apply lean startup methodology for decision-making and testing a business model
- Define functional specifications for a product, including user stories and acceptance criteria
- Define key metrics that determine success and return on investment
- Operate as an effective business owner and team leader, and develop a company pitch.
E101 Online will run from November 7 to December 9. The final day to register to be a part of the first cohort is November 14, 2016 (week two of the course). NOTE. Watch WEtech’s Event calendar for details on future 5 week courses scheduled.