Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
Masterclass | Leading Product Teams
October 8, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
The great Bill Campbell, a legendary business and leadership coach said… “Leadership is about recognizing that there’s greatness in everyone and your job is to create an environment where greatness can emerge.”
One of the biggest challenges Product Managers face is how to effectively lead product teams. According to author and thought leader Marty Cagan, “there is a lack of quality leadership at the product management level, not all managers a great leaders.”
The ability to demonstrate effective product leadership is often made complicated by the many hats a product manager must wear and the stakeholder relationships that must be juggled in order to successfully launch amazing products.
In this Masterclass we’ll discuss a number of topics that will allow product managers to become better at leading product teams, these include:
- The empowered product team model (as defined by Silicon Valley Product Group)
- How to inspire your product team to do great work
- Product leadership techniques and frameworks
- How to effectively lead teams when you don’t have a direct reporting relationship (also called lateral leadership)
- The different levels of leadership in Product and their responsibilities
- The skills and competencies required to effectively lead product teams