Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
New Exporters of Technologies and Services to the U.S. (NETSUS)
May 17 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
The Ontario government, in partnership with the Trade Commissioner Service, is pleased to host a new exporter preparation session built for Ontario technology and services companies.
The New Exporters of Technologies and Services to the United States (NETSUS) Program builds on an ever-popular New Exporters to Border States (NEBS) Program, which has been helping Ontario companies for 30+ years. Company participants in NETSUS will hear from experts and get to ask questions on topics related to selling non-physical products and services including:
-Provincial and Federal Programs and Services
– CUSMA and cross-border trade of technologies and services – industry implications
– Managing Intellectual Property (IP) – critical importance of protecting IP while safely selling tech and service to the US; how to secure and protect patents, trademarks, industrial design.
– Taxation on technology and services sales – issues and implications
– Immigration considerations (work permits, visas, etc.)
– Standards and certifications
Note: If you are a member of the Municipal, Provincial or Federal Government, please do not register via this link. Contact the event organizer directly to participate in the event.