- This event has passed.
SBC presents… Know Your Numbers!
April 20, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$35.00
The WindsorEssex Small Business Centre is proud to continue to offer workshops, seminars, training, and other events that are relevant to new entrepreneurs and seasoned business owners alike.
Featuring: Jules Hawkins, CPA, CA, President Hawkins & Co. Accounting Inc.
The WindsorEssex Small Business Centre, in collaboration with Hawkins & Co. Accounting Inc., brings you an ALL-DAY* financial workshop!
When entrepreneurs start their small businesses, there are plenty of steps and factors that are necessary for things to go right – and sometimes an entrepreneur may not notice those steps or factors until they happen, or until something doesn’t quite work out. There’s also the concern of how much money to charge for services or products in order to make money and be a profitable and sustainable business. A considerable factor in determining business success or failure is how well a business’s finances are understood.
This workshop will cover a range of topics and give you practical tools that you can use in order to maximize your knowledge in your business’s financials. You will learn:
– Important accounting concepts you need to understand
– How to project when your business will need or generate cash
– How to calculate your break even volume of business
– How to price to make sure you are covering all of your business costs
– How and when to use debt wisely
– How you and your business relate in law and tax, to determine the best business structure
– Which tax filings and payments are of high-tracking importance, and advice on best practices
– Record keeping by the law, for business reasons, and doing what works best for small businesses
– Your business supports (accountants, lawyers, etc.), and the who, what, and when of it all
Whether you’re an entrepreneur in the business plan phase, have already started your business, or a seasoned business owner, this workshop is for you! Join us to learn more about the numbers you work with on a daily basis in your business.
*Lunch & refreshments will be provided
*Business Advantage discount will apply to members