Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Small Business Forum Government Services and Support
November 21 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Did you know that government procurement in Canada is a $200+ billion dollar marketplace annually? Are you interested in learning how to do business with the different levels of government and what services are available to grow your business?
On November 21, 2023 Procurement Assistance Canada-Ontario Region (PAC-OR) in collaboration with Invest WindsorEssex and ecosystem (government & non-government) partners are hosting an in-person Small Business Forum – Government Services and Support event at the Fogolar Furlan (1800 North Service Road) in Windsor, Ontario.
The Small Business Forum will provide a unique opportunity for businesses to explore key topics on procurement, small business services and innovation. The event will also include support services for diverse and equity deserving businesses. All businesses are welcome to join.
Participants will have an opportunity to connect with government partners and officials during the tradeshow exhibition, along with attending informative workshops and interactive panel discussions to grow your business.
This is a FREE Event!
Location: The Fogolar Furlan ; 1800 North Service Road (E.C. Row)
Agenda *(partners, presentations are subject to confirmation and change)
8:30 am – Check-in
9:00 am – Event and tradeshow exhibition begins
10:00 am – Introduction & opening remarks; Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) Ontario Region; Invest WindsorEssex; Procurement Assistance Canada – Ontario Region (PAC-OR)
10:15 am – Event logistics and partner announcements – PAC OR
10:30 am – WORKSHOPS – Session 1 (Government Procurement)
WINDSOR SOUTH (A – WORKSHOPS and Q+A)
- 10:30 am – Doing Business with the Government of Canada – overview
- 11:00 am – Doing Business with the County of Essex – overview
- 11:30 am – Doing Business with the City of Windsor – overview
WINDSOR NORTH (B – WORKSHOPS and Q+A)
- 10:45 am – Federal Procurement Dispute Resolution Services
- 11:15 am – Competition Bureau – Bid Rigging – overview
- 11:45 am – Doing Business with the Province of Ontario – overview
12:15 – LIGHT NETWORKING LUNCH
1:00 pm – PANEL / DISCUSSION – Government Support Services for Small Business – Session 2
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario)
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Service Canada (SC)
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
2:00 pm – HEALTH BREAK
2:15 pm – INNOVATION PROGRAMS & SERVICES – Session 3 (WEtech Alliance moderator)
- 2:15 pm – WEtech Alliance
- 2:25 pm – Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security – (IDEaS)
- 2:45 pm – Industrial Research and Assistance Program – (IRAP)
- 3:15 pm – Canadian Intellectual Property Office – (CIPO)
- 3:45 pm – Scientific Research and Experimental Development – (SR&ED)
4:25 pm – CLOSING REMARKS
TRADESHOW PARTNERS (9:00 am to 2:00 pm)
PAC-OR; IWE; City of Windsor Procurement; County of Essex Procurement; FedDev Ontario; OPO; ECCC, OPC; TCS-GAC; WEtech Alliance; BDC(TBC); Competition Bureau; IDEaS; NRC-IRAP; CIPO; NSERC; SC; CRA SR&ED; others TBC
TBC = To be Confirmed
If you require special assistance or are having difficulties registering please contact PAC-OR at 1-800-668-5378 or email@example.com before November 10, 2023.
*Please note a final confirmation email will be provided to all registered attendees with additional instructions and connection details in the days leading up to the event. The presentations are offered FREE of charge and will be delivered in English. Please contact us for service in French.
**Please provide an active email address when you register as additional information regarding the event will be sent to you a few days before the event