Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Social Enterprise Final Pitch Competition
May 26 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
In partnership with Libro Credit Union, our Social Enterprise Coaching Program aims to support changemakers in Southwestern Ontario looking to launch and grow a social enterprise.
Join us Friday, May 26, for the Social Enterprise Final Pitch Competition, where nine social enterprises will pitch their business idea to a panel of judges and LIVE audience for the chance to win a $5,000 top prize.
- Pitch competition – 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Winners announced – 6:15 pm
- Wrap up celebration and networking – 6:15 – 7:00 pm
Complimentary hors d’oeuvres and beverages will be available for attendees. Please indicate any food restrictions on your ticket.
Photos and videos will be taken at this event and possibly shared on promotional materials and/or social media accounts. If you do not want your photo taken or shared, please let a member of the EPICentre event team know or send an email to email@example.com
Presenting social enterprises:
- Allergy Eatables provides allergy-friendly products to people who are severely restricted in what they eat because of food allergies so that they have delicious products that are safe. – Sadia Malik
- Cangro AgriFoods Inc strives to create an ecosystem of ‘farmpreneurs’ where they can grow their cultural tropical produce locally and sustainably. The focus is farming as a service. – Fuseinat Brimah
- Chef Help offers home visits with a purpose. A social appointment where Chefs make fresh, healthy foods for Windsor seniors in their homes. We serve a dual purpose – combat malnutrition and isolation. – Erica Goodman
- Downtown Windsor Community Collaborative (DWCC) Community Kitchen is focused on residents working together to solve challenges to healthy nutrition and social inclusion through creating and sharing meals, hospitality, buying power, and micro business initiatives – Robert Cameron
- EVOLVE was created to inspire community connection & open safe conversation about mental health. Evolve hosts community-building wellness events at low-no cost for Windsor-Essex residents while supporting/funding already established mental health resources in the YQG area. – Laura Parent and Bianca Stefina
- Gamechangers Leadership Academy is building strong, empowered, and aware leaders that will create and lead their teams and organizations that they are involved in for the rest of their lives through movement and mindset development – Frank Renaud
- Green Gift is a platform connecting people who have items to donate with those in need. It helps reduce waste, provides practical support, and is a sustainable, cost-effective way to obtain things. – Abhishek Patel
- One Act provides a tutoring service to bridge educational gaps for elementary students who benefit from a more flexible learning journey than the traditional system by using customization, collaboration & creative classes – Kennedy Murray
- Persian Arts & Cultural Centre is a place that offers all kinds of Persian art styles and cultural events to all the other communities – Maryam Safarzadeh
The social enterprise coaching program and final pitch competition is proudly sponsored by Libro Credit Union.
Follow the link to register: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/social-enterprise-final-pitch-competition-tickets-619305488387