Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Startup Talent: How to Access, Hire and Manage International Employees
October 6, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
As your business grows and expands into new markets, so too must your talent acquisition strategy. Join MaRS and Export Development Canada for a panel discussion on why you should consider hiring international talent and how to do it successfully.
Whether you plan to relocate your talent to Canada or keep them remote, learn about best practices, key considerations, tips and top resources from expert recruiters and experienced startups.
- The benefits of hiring international talent
- Best practices for how to source and hire employees abroad
- Vetting international talent and ensuring their qualifications meet your needs
- Identifying legal and tax implications (e.g., PEOs, payroll, benefits)
- Understanding regional hiring norms and local market rates
- Managing communications across international and distributed talent (i.e., remote employees)
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:40 p.m. – Expert panel discussion
- 1:40 p.m. – 1:55 p.m. – Audience Q&A
- 1:55 p.m. – 2:00 p.m – Wrap-up
Who should join this webinar?
- Founders and talent leads who are looking to:
- Understand key benefits and considerations when hiring out of country
- Tap into global talent in order to quickly scale their business
- Learn best practices for vetting, hiring and managing talent abroad
- Expand internationally for the first time