Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Stir It Up – DEI Real Talk Event Series
November 23, 2021 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Join us for a 4-part HRPA accredited virtual DEI event series that will foster thought provoking discussion and deep thinking, led by DEI experts.*
Each DEI: Real Talk event has been designed to foster thought-provoking discussions and deep thinking on the topic of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace. Each session will be led by a different DEI expert, with different conversation/topics. The content will be structured based on issues, questions and challenges pre-submitted by attendees.
Why this event is different:
We are ready to STIR IT UP and change the way we talk about combating inequity. This event series has been designed to serve you, and we want to know what DEI topics are keeping you up at night! With your real-time feedback, experts hope to provide REAL tangible solutions that you can bring back to your workplace and action after the event, so you can walk the TALK and put words into action.
Each event is limited to 50 participants to ensure a special and customized experience, so be sure to register early to reserve your spot. Register for 1 or all 4 events (see sneak peak of future events below).
Complimentary Experience Box:
Each event box includes snacks, curated items and a different drink recipe** for participation in our post-event social!
This event is for: Business owners, HR professionals and People Managers
1 event – $65 (includes 1 x experience box + ticket + shipping)
4 events – $200 (includes 4 x experience box + ticket + shipping)
- DEI Expert led talk
- Customized based on audience’s needs
- Safer space to discuss challenging issues in your workplace***
- Dedicated time for idea sharing***
- Tangible solutions presented by the program facilitator
* It is not a requirement to participate in all 4 sessions, but we hope you do!
** Non-alcoholic version of the experience box is available.
*** Video participation optional
SESSION 1 – Sponsored By: Next Dimension
- Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 | 4:30- 6:00 pm ET
- Speaker: Irene Moore Davis – President, Essex County Black Historical Research Society and Co-Founder, Black Women of Forward Action
SESSION 2 – Sponsored By: Enbridge
- Date: Thursday, January 20, 2022 | 4:30- 6:00 pm ET
- Speaker: Sarah Saska – CEO, Feminuity, Equitable & Ethical Technology & Innovation
SESSION 3 – Sponsored By: EllisDon
- Date: Thursday, April 21, 2022 | 4:30- 6:00 pm ET
- Speaker: David St. Bernard – Global Head of Client Success and Legal, Diversio
- Date: Thursday, June 23, 2022 | 4:30- 6:00 pm ET
- Speaker: Rishma Mangat – Founder and President, In Our Right Minds