Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Supporting Women in Entrepreneurship Through Recovery and Revitalization
March 10, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
The past year has been anything but business as usual. Entrepreneurs have pivoted, reinvented, and redefined their business model over the last year.
Join Canadian business ecosystem experts to hear their unique insight into what change has looked like and how innovation and creativity have inspired people to revisit the way they operate to foster resilience. Plus, learn about finding the right government support for your business – including COVID-19 specific programs. Finally, learn a few tips and tricks – for your business and pick up a couple of tips on navigating the government support landscape. With a focus on support for women-led businesses and the importance of bolstering diversity and gender parity, we’ll welcome:
- Amy Gopal, Innovation Advisor with Innovation Canada
- Laura Didyk, Vice President, Client Diversity at Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Dr. Wendy Cukier, founder of the Diversity Institute, Academic Director of the Women Entrepreneurship Knowledge Hub and Research Lead of the Future Skills Centre
- Anu Bidani, CEO of StemMinds, a Canadian entrepreneur and SheEO who has worked with Innovation Canada advisors on her business journey
- Christina McDonald, Marketing and Outreach Manager with Innovation Canada
Please note: This session will be conducted largely in English but material and resources will be made available in both official languages and participants should feel comfortable asking questions in the official language of their choice.