Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Tech Homecoming: CK Edition
April 29, 2021 @ 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
Chatham-area expats, former residents & leaders to reconnect and reinvest with the place they once called home.
Overview: Tech Homecoming: CK Edition – powered by WEtech Alliance and Chatham-Kent Economic Development Corporation – will bring together Chatham-area expats, former residents, newcomers and regional leaders to reconnect and reinvest with the place they once called home for discussions centered around turning Chatham-Kent into a Hub of Innovation.
Who should attend: Founders, tech professionals, expats, innovation and regional leaders, and community members and residents.
Event Hashtag: #TechHomecomingCK
Event Partners: Chatham-Kent Economic Development and Canadian Tech Network
The first 100 attendees will receive a limited edition “Tech Homecoming” digital art print that can be download, printed at home or printed locally.
- Justine Janssen, SVP Strategic Initiatives, Ceridian (former resident of Chatham-Kent now living in London, ON)
- Don Duval, CEO, NORCAT (former resident of Chatham-Kent now living in Sudbury)
- Mike Pegg, Head of Google Maps Platform Developer Relations, Google (former resident of Blenheim now living in California)
- Allan Livingston, Director of Product Management, Core Systems, Google (former resident of Wallaceburg now living in California)
Theme of opening remarks & panel discussion :
- Chatham-Kent As I Knew It;
- Chatham-Kent COVID-19 – Current State;
- Chatham-Kent Works For Me. It Can Work For You.;
- Educations’ Role in Moving Windsor-Essex Forward;
- Economic Development Strategic Initiatives;
- Entrepreneurship and Tech in Chatham-Kent; and
- Chatham-Kent Top Project Wish List.
- 10:30am – Open networking on REMO Platform
- 11:00am – Opening remarks from WEtech Alliance, Mayor Darrin Canniff and Chatham-Kent Economic Development discussing where we are going as a region
- 11:30pm – 12:30pm – Panel Discussion with tech and innovation leaders
- 12:30pm – Q&A
- 12:45am – Closing Remarks