Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Tech Homecoming : YQG Edition
March 25, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 11:00 am
Windsor-area expats, alumni, newcomers ®ional leaders to reconnect and reinvest with the place they once called (or will soon call) home.
Overview: Tech Homecoming Day powered by WEtech Alliance – – will bring together Windsor-area expats, alumni, newcomers and regional leaders to reconnect and reinvest with the place they once called (or will soon call) home for discussions centered around turning Windsor-Essex into a Hub of Innovation.
Who should attend: Founders, tech professionals, expats, innovation and regional leaders, and community members.
Event Hashtag: #TechHomecomingYQG & #TechWeekYQG
Event Partners: St. Clair College Alumni Association & University of Windsor Alumni Association
The first 100 attendees will receive a limited edition “Tech Homecoming” digital art print that can be download, printed at home or printed locally.
- Kristina Verner , Vice President, Innovation, Sustainability & Prosperity, Waterfront Toronto (Alumni of University of Windsor now living in Toronto)
- Nicolas Seguin, Manager, Mobility Analytics at FORD Global Data Insights & Analytics (Alumni of St. Clair College now living in Michigan)
- Jason Reynar, Incoming CAO at the City of Windsor and Former CAO at the Town Innisfil and new resident to Windsor, ON)
Theme of opening remarks & panel discussion :
- Windsor-Essex As I Knew It;
- Windsor-Essex COVID-19 – Current State;
- Windsor-Essex Works For Me. It Can Work For You.;
- Near shoring changing Role in Windsor-Essex’s Revitalization;
- Educations’ Role in Moving Windsor-Essex Forward;
- Economic Development Strategic Initiatives;
- Entrepreneurship and Tech in Windsor-Essex; and
- Windsor-Essex Top 5 Project Wish List.
- 8:30am – Open networking on REMO Platform
- 9:00am – Opening remarks from WEtech Alliance and WindsorEssex Economic Development Corporation discussing where we are going as a region
- 9:30am – 10:30am – Panel Discussion with 3 tech leaders (who still love the region but live away) representing Tech, Talent and Community) moderated by The Windsor Star or local media outlet.
- 10:30am – Q&A
- 10:45am – Closing Remarks