Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
Tech Talks: Ransomware 101 with AlphaKOR Group
July 19, 2017 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pmFREE
Over the last few months, international headlines have been dominated by stories of a massive global ransomware attack. The University of Calgary was victim to an attack this past year and ended up paying $20,000 to regain access to their own organizational data.
Ransomware enables criminals to extort money from organizations by holding their data ransom – this is one of the newest forms of cyber breaches and is becoming an increasing problem.
Join the AlphaKOR team over the lunch hour for an informative session that will go over how Ransonware works, the organizational impact to such a threat and how to prevent a future attack.
Fact about Ransomware:
- In 2016 nearly 50% of businesses were hit with Ransomware causing over $1 Billion in losses
- When factoring in downtime and increased staff resources, the losses increase to more than $75 Billion
- $209 Million has been reported in losses within the first 3 months of 2017
- Ransomware emails spiked 6000% in 2016
- 92% of surveyed IT firms reported attacks on their clients
- Attacks are expected to DOUBLE in 2017
There is no cost to attend this event. Please feel free to bring your unch along. Light snack and refreshments will be provided.
Thank you to our Host and Sponsor – AlphaKOR Group