Get the latest Tech News, Events, Talent & Tech Jobs in Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent delivered directly to your inbox each month.
- This event has passed.
TechBoost: Understanding Hardware and Software Solutions
June 19, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm$20.00
Generously funded by a Libro Credit Union Prosperity Grant, The TechBoost Program supports the growth and development of small businesses in Windsor-Essex by providing affordable training in information technology tools and products for business. TechBoost is an initiative of Hackforge, supported by the WindsorEssex Small Business Centre.
Skill Level: Beginner
Audience: Owners or employees of small businesses who want an introduction to what hardware and software solutions are available.
• Do you need help understanding the available hardware and software solutions that would improve your business processes?
• Do you have a working business process but want to see if there’s a more efficient way to accomplish similar or better results?
• Do you have a great idea for your business but not sure what technology you could use to implement your goal?
Why Take this Workshop? Investing in technology for your business can improve efficiency and save you money. Understanding what hardware and software solutions are available and what their purpose is will help you make smart decisions when choosing your investment.
Goal: By the end of this workshop, you’ll have a better understanding of the types of hardware and software solutions that small businesses use to create, manage, and improve the way their businesses work.
• What are the ‘must-have’ and ‘nice-to-have’ software and hardware solutions available
• Examples of what other businesses are using in their own processes
• What is cloud-based software? What are its advantages and disadvantages?
• How do I go about picking hardware and software? Where to buy / Who does what locally.
• How to choose a point person for special projects outside your level of expertise
Materials: If you would like to follow along using a laptop computer during this workshop, please feel free to do so. A computer is not required, however.
Participants of this workshop are also welcome to attend any of our Open TechBoost Nights at Hackforge where you can bring your laptop and try out new tools in a casual environment with other business owners.
Instructor: Evan Suntres, Account Manager at MC Solutions
Evan Suntres holds an M.A. from the University of Windsor, and has been working actively in the business world for four years with a regional office technology vendor. He has experience with a variety of local clients in a number of different vertical markets, ranging from; law firms, manufacturing plants, sole proprietorships, private education, clinicians, contractors, real estate, non-profit organizations, and childcare facilities. Evan has worked on implementation programs for hardware and software solutions in businesses from process inception, and integration with existing systems. He looks forward to sharing his knowledge with those in the local small business sector and will actively encourage a collaborative atmosphere where everyone can learn from one another.